Sunday, November 7, 2010

Honeymoon

So I have a few moments to post another section of my new life!
The Honeymoon.
Ben and I had planned to go to the Ricks family reunion in August in February, and planned to stay a few extra days in Chicago, catch some Cubs games, and just relax. We had booked our flights, and our hotel, so we were going. As it turns out, when we planned the wedding the reunion just happened to coincide nicely. So we decided since it was actually planned, booked and paid for it would work out nicely to use this trip as our honeymoon!
So I went back to Washington after the wedding until the day before we flew out to Chicago. I flew into Dallas the night before we left, and then turned around and flew out of Dallas at 6 the next morning. We got into Chicago and took the public transit train to the bus station which took about an hour, then found a locker for our luggage (this was not as easy as it sounds[they only took exact change at all the places we needed to pay for things, the train ride, the locker…ect])
Then we found a local place to eat some lunch until we boarded the train to Nauvoo to meet up with James.
Once we were done eating we went and caught our train. This was actually a great time. We both enjoyed just relaxing and not having to worry about anything. Snoozing on and off and just talking. The scenery was quite nice as well. We did see a LOT of corn.
We got to the train station a few hours after we were supposed to, and James was there waiting for us (He waited quite a long time…)We then went to the local grocery store to buy our food for the rest of the week. We got to Nauvoo pretty late, and went to check in. This was a bit of a fiasco, but turned out ok. Then we did a whole bunch of fun things with the fam. After the family reunion we went back to the train station, and off to Chicago. We got off the train, and got in the cab to go to the hotel. As I got in, I knew our reservations were at the Red roof inn (not the best place, but affordable) So we start going in the cab, and I am not sure we are going the right way. It seems something is off. As it turns out, once we had decided to make this our honeymoon, Ben had changed our reservations to stay at the Affinia Hotel. Which we had such a nice room. Ben did good. And it was all a surprise.
We did a ton of fun things there, we walked everywhere we went, so it had to be within a few miles of our hotel, which was on the magnificent mile, so we could choose all sorts of places. We walked to Navy Pier, we had a great time there, it was incredible humid this day, so we also played a bit in the lake. We went to the Art Institute of Chicago one day. It was great. We of coarse went to a couple of Cubs games via the public transit. We met some interesting people there.
We enjoyed some FANTASTIC food, and loved being with each other with no worries except where to go to next.
We took a night lake cruise our first night, and it was so fun. I loved it.
I was so happy to have found a great guy, marry him, then have a great down to earth paid for honeymoon!

There are pictures I am sure most of you have seen on my facebook page! So I will not put there here.

No comments:

Post a Comment