Friday, May 6, 2011

Work Baby Shower

Today at work I was surprised with the management team throwing me a baby shower. I work with some great people. First, they kept it a surprise which in a retail store is NOT easy. Second, they were very generous, especially in such times as these.
I was given a baby stroller for twins, 2 car seats, and many other baby items; Homemade hooded towels, homemade receiving blankets, clothes, blankets, a diaper bag, gift cards, a monitor.
I feel so incredibly blessed to have such a great group of people that I work with. It puts my mind at ease that I now have most of the essentials.

So now with the craigslisting that Ben and I have done and gifts from awesome people, we have both cribs and mattresses, the bumper/bedding sets for both cribs, a nice big changing table/dresser with lots of drawers, a baby bathtub, a double stroller, 2 car seats, a pack and play, baby clothes, blankets, bath stuff. All of this has been incredible.
We still have more to get (it seems the list actually never gets smaller!) but with the generosity of others, I think I can breathe a little easier. We have some quite spendy things that I think we can now scrape together money for which before we were quite worried!

Now we have to get the nursery started. It is going to be a big job, and we have been slow at getting started. But it is getting that time.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is great. Those are all things you will need and use! It's nice to have friends who care.

    ReplyDelete