I need to write a post about Ben. He has really struggled with the new task of his; to be a stay at home dad. He is an awesome dad, but feels the pull as the father to be the provider, and it is hard for him to “sit around” all day and do nothing to provide for the family while I go out and work all day.
He grew up in a family, and in an area where the man was the man, and went to work and provided for the family. So he has had to shift his paradigm to figure out how to handle the change in his life. He never intended to be a stay at home dad, and still struggles with the day to day things. I have told him that I am so grateful that he is able to be at home with the girls because I would rather not put them in daycare. I am so thankful that my little girls are learning and developing from their daddy instead of a stranger. I am blessed to have married a man who would actually do it. I love him so much more for it. Yes he gets frustrated and irritated with the girls, but he has to take care of two infants…at the same time…with never intending to do this with even one. I am proud of him, and have so much respect for him for stepping up and being a man! A man who loves his daughters enough to put the status quo aside and do what is best for them.
Good for you Ben. As a watched you when we were there helping---I was so proud and happy of the man you are and the love and respect you have for your two beautiful daughters. Thank you for being their and caring enough to do "hard things" for your family. Family is definitely number 1---and you have showed us all how its done.
ReplyDelete