So Ben and I get to bed and pretty much get to the point in your sleep patterns where you are "out" and woke up to a screeching alarm. Ben had woken up quicker than I had and was already in the girls room by the time I actually woke up enough to figure out that the screeching alarm was the smoke detectors. So I jumped out of bed and ran into the girls room which was pitch black and filled with smoke. So I quickly open a window and then grab Emily out of her crib and go and find Ben. We took the girls into the living room Ben handed Ana to me and went to investigate the girls room. He said he could not see any fire and the power was off in that half of the house. So he went into the garage to find that the breaker had been tripped.
He called the fire department and had them come out to ensure that there was not any fire somewhere where we could not find it.
It turns out it was the humidifier in the girls room that had overheated or something and had filled the girls room and hallway with smoke.
So needless to say today they were quite grumpy.
I decided that we would give them their little Easter baskets that Laura/Andrea and Amy gave to them and the little toys that Andrea sent. Even though they were the ones who woke us up, they were not too happy to be awake!
The gifts that Andrea sent in the baskets that the girls sent!
Then we had to buy new Easter dresses for the girls! Here are a few pictures! Smiles were very hard to come by today.
No comments:
Post a Comment