Monday, October 19, 2009

Chores

Yesterday was such a productive day, Ben came over, and said he would help me with my yard work that I had to get done. (yea!!! Thanks Ben!)
But before we started all that we stopped and got a squash, because I was in the mood for some nice tasty squash. We made it home, and I got out the edger, and weed eater, and started doing all the edges, and places that needed to be cleaned up while he got out the mower, and started mowing. We had it all done in about an hour, and it looked nice. However, I am not used to handling the edger, and weed eater, and now I am really sore.
Then I got that good squash, and peeled it, and put it in to cook while we did a few more things.
After this we put together a work bench that I had purchased a few weeks ago. When Landon moved out, he took everything in the garage, all the workbenches, and tools. He left me with a hammer, a screwdriver and an old rusted out small socket kit with a small rusted out tool box.
So a few weeks ago as I was trying to replace the fuel tank on the weed eater, and I needed pliers, and I was so frustrated that I had no tools, so I went and bought the basic tools, as well as a few that I used quite often that Landon also took, like a drill.
Then realized that I had no where to put them. So I went back to Lowe’s and bought a workbench that I could have to do things that I needed to on.
It was 100% not put together, so Ben and I had a great time figuring out how it all went together.
During all this the squash was cooking. When we were done assembling we ate, well Ben ate a grilled pork chop with the squash, which if he said so himself he did a bang up job on because it was delicious! And I had melted cheese and crab on toast with squash and broccoli all of which was mmm.mmm. good!
So glad all that got done this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Mmm that makes me in the mood for squash. Sounds like a great day. It's always good to have a sense of accomplishment when a day is done. I can't believe you have no tools. Your garage was full of tools when we were there.

    ReplyDelete