Tuesday, December 15, 2009

101 Dalmatians Update

The 101 Dalmatians was a really great show. They advertised that they had real dogs in the show, which they did for the last 3 minutes of the show, and 2 other times they raced across the stage.
It also had children acting as the pups as well, and children in shows like this have always bugged me. For one thing, the performances get over late, and you know that prior to the performances they have had to go to rehearsals and such.
I don’t know why, but this has always bothered me. Perhaps it is because with my limited knowledge of what it takes to put on a show, I know that there is a lot of time and dedication needed, and I feel that children’s dedication and time should be spent elsewhere.
Aside from my own personal feelings that children should not be involved, it was a good show. Not the best I have ever seen, and I am not sure children should go. Not because it was inappropriate, but because the first half moved very slowly, and the children that were in the audience were quite restless.
I did have a great time with my girlfriends, and that was the whole point of the outing.
Thanks Andrea for the Christmas gift! I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment