Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mason TX

The weekend before I flew up here to Washington, we had been planning a surprise for Ben's dad to show up for his birthday. So I asked my Store Manager if I would be able to come a week later since we had this in the plan, and I was not sure when we would be able to see his family again.
So we drove the hours and hours in a hot truck in the heat of day on Thursday to his sisters home to be able to surprise his dad the next day.
We had just settled down for the night when his sister calls out for him to come help her.
It seems that her dog had just had an encounter with a porcupine.
So she went out with a flashlight, and Ben went out with a rifle and they got the sucker!

But her dog needed to not be there with the dead porcupine so Ben ran him over in his truck to his Mom and Dads home. So the surprise came a few hours early!
So Ben stayed there with his Dad for half the night just talking.

We met with his mom and dad for breakfast burritos the next morning.

Then we hung out with his family.
Over the weekend we got spoiled with HungryMatt pancakes, a little game of catch, and I loved hanging out with his Grandpa and just chatting.

We both had an awesome time and we were sad to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment