Saturday, October 29, 2011

End of October

Wow has time flown by. It seems like I have not had a day to just sit and get online for a whole month, then I looked at the last time I blogged, and it pretty much was the last time I was online...even to pay my bills. I have been working so many hours lately, and I come home and want to spend every minute with the girls that I can, and so by the time we get them to sleep I am usually ready to sleep too. So this is the first time I have been able to do something other than sleep and work and rock babies.
The girls are doing so well, they are getting such little personalities, and cooing and talking all the time. We have gotten them on a schedule now thanks to Ben's hard work, and when we are able to abide by this they are mostly good little happy babies. I have decided that I LOVE this age. The smiling and cooing and talking.

Ben and I have also been so thrilled about a program they have here in Kennewick. It is called "Ready for Kindergarten". It is a local program where they have a 3 hour class once a quarter and they give you a few educational toys and some books and teach you about reading to your children and how to teach them starting when they are just babies. So Ben and I have been playing with them teaching them things with the toys, and reading to them. They love being read to, and it is so fun to see them really pay attention to the book, and look at the pictures. Ana loves story time, and Emily likes it for a few minutes and then gets kind of bored.
Ben's mom has been sending us books from the "little golden books" series and we have been reading many of those. Plus we have a subscription to a book club that sends lots of Dr. Seuss books which are so fun to read, and they have great pictures for the girls to look at.
I cant wait to get home from work to be with the girls and I wait impatiently all week for my days off to be able to see these little ones grow and develop.
We are looking for a part time"nanny" for a few days a week to help out, and help Ben keep his sanity. I have asked one of my cousins and we will see if she is able. If not, we will keep looking.
There are a lot of ladies at the church who love to come help Ben out during the days and have a great time.

Poor little Butch gets very little love nowadays, he gets whipped by burp clothes a lot, and yelled at. Poor little guy.

Ben and I got to go out last night and spend some time with some people our age, without the kiddos (well kindof) We went to a church event where they had daycare, so I was in the next building over, and got called out a few times to go feed the girls. It was a masquerade ball, and a murder mystery. It was tons of fun.

I know that this is a little disjointed, but I wanted to put lots of goings on in here, and I don't have a lot of time.

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome you are reading to them already! Keep it up, my oldest still loves to be read to and I started as a baby. Your girls are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with loving this age! They are so fun and happy most of the time. I'm glad that you're all doing well. It was great seeing an update. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete