Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas

This year for Christmas we were still living with Bens Grandpa (Pop).
We were in the middle of moving however, so it was a bit tricky!  Ben spent all Christmas Eve Day with the movers moving all our stuff from the storage shed to the new place and then locked up and came home. 
Granny and Poppi came Christmas Eve night as well, so about 8 or 9pm everyone who was going to be there Christmas morning had made it!
About this time I started making my family tradition of an Almond Roll.  I had not ever had enough people over Christmas to make it before, so it was quite an ordeal...I should have read the instructions a little closer than I did a little earlier than I did...We had to go to the grocery store twice to get items I needed.  About 1am Bens mom and I were finally done and we went to bed.
The girls woke up at the normal time of around 7 we had a very nice breakfast of Almond Roll which even though it did not look as pretty as others I have seen it tasted awesome!

After this, we went in and opened presents and did the Christmas morning thing.  After everything was opened, we realized that a note from my sister on one of my gifts referenced another gift which we had not opened...it was a flash drive.  So you can imagine what I was thinking...something that little, it is probably in one of the many garbage sacks with empty boxes and wrapping paper...so we start looking for it.  Turns out that it was on the table in an envelope which I had not noticed and therfore had not wrapped.  lol

Ben and I had quite a few points saved up on one of our credit cards and so we were able to get the girls each a nice toy and a coat.  Then some little stocking stuffers. 
They got great gifts from everyone as did we.  It was a very good day and I was glad to be able to spend it with family.
I was looking forward to iphoneing with my family about something my Dad was giving to the grandkids, but it never happened.  We did find out though that Ana won one of the gifts from my Dad!  I was super excited about that!
I did want to see how it all went down, but I think everyone at my parents house was sick and so they had a little bit of an odd Christmas.
Kind of reminds me of one we had with some cabbage patch dolls. 

Here are some pictures of the day!

Ana in her new boots

Almond Roll (the recipie makes three but turns out I only had two pans...so I made two big ones)

Ana getting her boots on.

Ana

Ana digging into her next present with her first present on.

It started to snow and Ana was facinated by the flakes

tierras

Ana digging into her stocking

Emily and Poppi

So many toys and yet the book has the full attention

Granny reading a new book to them.  These girls love their books

Emily opening her gift with her coat on

Emily getting her boots on

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment