So I decided to go with them. It was a very long drive, but Mom rode with me and helped with the girls. We left in the morning about nine, and got there about 11 that night.
The girls did awesome and it was nice to have the time to spend with my Mom. Since it was such a long drive, I decided to stay for a week.
The girls had an awesome time with their cousins and I had a good time with my Sister and her new baby.
I had a dilemma the day before I left to go, I was planning on putting the girls in disposables for the trip until one of the days at the park the week before I had to change Ana's diaper and I did not have anything but disposables with me. So I put her in that, Then her pants fell off....
We pretty much went from 12 month clothes to 2T because we switched to cloth diapers about the time they were in 12 month clothes. So I didn't have any clothes that would fit them with disposable diapers...so we went ahead and took the cloth diapers and used disposables while we were on the road.
I transformed my sisters house for a few hours a day with all the diapers hanging around! It rained for a few of the days while we were there, so I couldn't put them outside to dry.
I loved how Jarem loved to take care of the girls. He was such a good helper.
I was planning on driving back by myself on Thursday, but the more I thought about it the less I wanted to do it. I could have, but it would have been super hard...
So Ben and I looked online at prices of plane tickets for him to come drive with us back to Texas. We found one that was pretty cheap, so he flew in on Saturday night and we drove back on Sunday.
He cant take off work yet since he is new, so we had to make sure he only had Sunday off!
Poor kid!
We got back to Texas late Sunday night, and we were all exhausted!
I know it is going to take me quite a while to get caught up with everything back here now that we are trying to get back into a routine!
It is amazing to me how hard it is to travel with kids!
It was worth it to get to spend more time with my parents, and with my sisters family. I miss being able to see my family more often so I do everything I can to see them.
I took my camera and then really didn't take many pictures, but here are a few.
| They were playing animal flashcards on my Kindle |
| Emily was jumping up and down Ana was trying to eat something she shouldn't! |
| Tessa reading a book to Emily |
| These are priceless photos. Thank you Tessa! |
| Horsin! |
| Project Diaper. |
No comments:
Post a Comment