So we have been trying to save money while trying to still get all the things that we need for these girls.
We decided to get on Craigslist and see what we could find. We have done pretty well over the last week or so.
We have gotten a glider rocker with ottoman, a Crib and matching changing table/dresser, quite a bit of clothing, a baby bathtub, and some peace of mind that we are not definitely going to go broke just getting ready!
My best Friend and her husband got us our pack and play bassinet combo. That was so cool of them, so now all we need is....ok still too much to write down, but we will get there!
We also have been really trying to figure out what to do about our laundry situation. We have a washer and dryer set that are getting pretty old, and we are not sure with the volume of laundry that will be going through if they are going to last much longer. The dryer is already having problems that is showing its age...
So we decided that we would take the rest of the money left from my bonus (we spent most of it going to Dallas one last time before the girls come!) and buy a new washer and dryer set. We looked on the Internet, went to every store in the area that sold appliances, and we ended up with the best deal we could find!
So we got a new washer and dryer coming this Saturday. Now maybe we can sell our stuff on Craigslist and make a little bit of money. Unless any of you know someone who desperately needs a washer and dryer.
It is starting to get pretty real that we are going to have two little new people in our lives, and they are going to be our priority now. We are both getting pretty excited and nervous and pray all the time that we will be what the girls need.
The next step now is to not have them come too early. We are being very careful to make sure that they stay where they need to for the next few months! I may be taking off of work earlier than I planned, and it makes me nervous, but it will all turn out ok in the end!
Sounds like you guys are making progress on all the stuff you need. I remember people asking me if I had everything I needed and I remember thinking "I don't know what I need!" :)We are excited for you guys
ReplyDeleteIt's so fun to hear you talking about pregnancy and babies. You guys will be great parents and will make it work with whatever you have. :) Congrats on the new washer and dryer. Our set is over 13 years old! I don't know how much longer it will last, but I am grateful for the time we have had thus far.
ReplyDelete