I am not sure how we are doing, but think we are doing ok…It seems like all we do is change diapers, feed the girls, and get them to sleep. They are starting to have more awake time now as well, which has been nice to be able to see them interact with things, but rough as it now means less sleep for us as well, and we really were not getting a lot to start with.
I have to pump instead of breastfeed because of the girls being preemies, and the doctor asking that to ensure they are growing as well as needed I add a teaspoon of high calorie supplemental powder to my breast milk. I have to say that it is not fun. I pump every 3 hours to keep up my supply, and the girls have still been keeping to an every 4 hour eating schedule, so that tells you how much sleep I was getting. I have actually made the decision to pump every 4 hours at night, and every 3 during the day so that I can try to get more sleep. Now if we can get the girls to understand that nighttime is when they go to sleep after they eat, and daytime is when they can stay awake.
They are darling little girls, and I fall in love again each time I see them.
After Mom and Dad left, Ben and I had a really hard time eating, because we were so tired that we would rather sleep than take the time to make anything to eat, and I have now figured out that one of the girls is not able to tolerate me eating milk products. This sucks because so many of my “easy snacks” are dairy. So I did not have anything easy to eat, so I just didn’t.
That is when the lady at our church called and saved us. The last few days they have brought meals and it has been a life saver. I never understood how much a simple meal would mean to someone.
We also learned yesterday from one of the ladies that brought us a meal, that one of the couples who we have made friends with here husband is losing his job. He has worked there forever. It is a large company who is laying off 1500 people, and he was affected. It breaks our heart. We hope that he can either get retirement benefits, or find another source of income.
It is a hard economy everywhere. We are feeling the effects of it ourselves. Ben has lost his job now as well. He has been applying many places, but the dilemma we are facing is that the jobs available in this town would not even cover the cost of daycare, so it is actually cheaper for him to not have a job than it would be for him to find one, and put the girls in daycare. Which I don’t want anyway.
I hope we can do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment