Monday, May 21, 2012

Uncle Steve

I found out yesterday that my Uncle Steve (my moms brother) got hit by a pickup while riding his bike and died.   I found this to be crazy.  We all knew that his time on earth was limited due to brain cancer, so when I was told that he had died  I naturally thought it was from the cancer.  Then to find out that he had died from injures he sustained because of an accident was just... well...odd. 
I was never particularly close to Uncle Steve, as he and his family rarely came to visit and we did not go visit them either.  I know that we all have to eventually die and I am glad that he ended up losing his life while doing something he loved instead of dying of a long slow painful death from cancer. 
My heart goes out to his children and grandchildren.  I am so sorry for the loss of their father and his wife for the loss of her husband. 
May God be with my entire family while we grieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment