Sunday, June 12, 2011

And....Once again

Needed to go to Labor and Delivery again last night to get contractions to stop. We went in, and since I am already on the max dose of Procardia, they could not give me any of this, so they started me on a fluid IV, and gave me a shot of terbutaline which did not stop contractions. They checked the cervix, and they found very little change. They then talked about putting me on Mag agin. Which I really did not want.
So the nurse talked to the doctor and said that they could use Morphine to relax the uterus and perhaps stop contractions.
So they gave me a shot of that, and it worked (apperantly, I was a bit out of it at that point.) But they had me hooked up to the contractions machine and had not seen any for a few hours. So they sent me home. It has taken all day for the morphine to wear off, and it still really hasn't completely I am still feeling a bit drugged.
I sure wish that these contractions would stop coming back.
Here is a picture right before we went to the hospital last night. (amid contractions...) at week 32.

1 comment:

  1. It seems those babies really want to come out! Hang in there a little longer! You don't look that big for having 2 in there at 32 weeks.
    Rozanne

    ReplyDelete