Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Update

The Fetal fibronectin test came back positive, which is not a good thing. But they said my cervix is still closed, and has stayed the same length for a few days, so they let me go home to bed rest.
I have an appointment this Friday, and I am not sure what they are going to do. I do know they are going to do another ultrasound and check my cervix length, and the girls growth, but if all is not well, I am really not sure what the next steps are.
I am still having consistent contractions, but they expected this, and as long as they are not getting stronger, or causing other issues, they are fine.
They did give me the steroid shots while I was in the hospital for the girls, so that is one good thing. At least we will have that advantage if they decide to show up early. The Doctor originally told us that we need to at least make it to 32 weeks, to reduce any long term issues. So that is our next goal. We have 3 more days to make it to 32 weeks. Once we make that goal, our goal will be 34 weeks.
With the positive Ffn test, that may be stretching it, but it has been known to happen.
We just want to have these little girls come into the world as healthy and developed as possible.
Bed rest, and the meds they have me on are making me a bit crazy, and making poor Ben a little crazy too since he has to do everything! And then I want him to do it my way because all I can do is sit and watch. :) geez poor kid.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping us updated! I am glad that you were able to go home even if you do have to be on bedrest. I hope they hang in there just a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last comment was me...Rozanne

    ReplyDelete