Sunday, June 5, 2011

What a week

We went to the specialist on Friday and did all the specialist things to check the babies, and he said that while they are small, he is not too concerned. They are not dangerously small.
That is the great news. Here is the not so great news.
My cervix has now shorted from 2.6 to 1.3cm. So the specialist called my doctor and they decided that it was time to put me on bedrest. It was a pretty stressful day. I had gone to work early, then gone to the doctor, then had to go back to work for just a bit since they were putting me on bedrest to clear up just a very few things.
We got home and I had been having contractions on and off all day that day but they were starting to get kind of bad. So I laid down for a couple of hours and drank two large glasses of water. Unfortunatly it did not work, and the contractions got harder and closer together. So off to the Birthing center for us. We thought we would get there and they would give us the same treatment as last time, just a shot of something, and that would take care of it.
But no...they admitted us, and they have kept us here in the hospital all weekend. They had me on an IV of Magnesium all weekend, which makes the contractions stop, and makes you feel terrible. They finally got the contractions to be far enough apart for comfort this morning that they took me off of the Magnesium IV, and off the monitors for a while. They have me on another medication 3 times a day to keep the contractions stopped but it is a pill, so I can actually move around a little bit without being hooked up to all those things. They still hook me up about 3 times a day for an hour to monitor the babies and my contractions, but this is so much better.
They are saying that if we can keep the contractions at a minnimum overnight, and they will take another Fetal Fibronectn test and if it is negative, they will let me go home.
But I will be on bedrest. I will have to have poor Ben do pretty much everything for me. That is going to be hard. Dont know how I will do stuck in one spot. But I am sure that I will be fine, and it will be so worth it to get home, and then to keep these girls where they need to be for a few more weeks.
That is the update. Hopefully it will be good news tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment