So once again my life is going to be turned upside down!
My job has been doing some reorganizing of management and they eliminated my position. They offered me a different position which in the new organization would mean more work. I have been struggling as it is right now with work/life balance. I have been leaving most mornings before the girls wake up, and getting home either after they are asleep, or just in time to kiss them goodnight. I have been getting less and less days off because of the workload expected of me.
When my boss offered me the new position I asked her if there was any alternative. She told me that I could accept a severance package and resign.
Ben and I had know that this may be a decision that I was faced with and had been praying and talking about this decision for about 3 weeks before the offer actually came.
Neither one of us has been happy up here in this location. My job has been too time consuming and Ben as much as he likes being Mr. Mom, would really prefer to be head of household and provide for his family by working.
So we made the decision to have me resign.
So after almost 15 years of being moved all over the country and doing everything I could to continue to move up the ranks in the company I am now as of the 18th of May no longer going to be employed.
Yes I am nervous and I don't know how things are going to go, but We felt like this was the right choice for our family.
Ben is looking for jobs back in Dallas and we will more than likely be moving back to Texas.
So farewell to my employer, and hello my little darling girls! I have never been so excited to take on a new role. I am going to LOVE being able to be home with my little girls and be a stay at home mom for at least a little while.
What a life changing thing for you both. Our prayers go out to you Ben in your job search.
ReplyDeleteThis will be a big change for you after spending 15 years with the same company, but you will love being home with the girls. Good luck to Ben with the job search.
ReplyDelete