For the past few weeks,
I have been struggling with whether I should switch doctors or not. One of the first things I told my doctor when I met her was that I was a person that wanted to know everything she could tell me about my situation. Good and bad. That I do not get depressed over bad news, but I want to prepare for the worse situation, and hope for the best.
So what I have been struggling with is having to change doctors based on just the one fact that I wanted my doctor to be affiliated with a different hospital. There are two major hospitals around here. One has a strong neonatal unit with one that is specifically for twins and a specialist and two specialized nurses. The other one has a very small neonatal unit with no doctors or nurses that I am aware of that specialize in just that.
My doctor was affiliated with the second. So where I like my doctor, I finally made the decision that I needed to change.
So I looked around on all the websites, and spoke to quite a few people to try to find a good doctor to go to.
I finally found one that I thought would be a good choice, set up an appointment, and went through the rigmarole of getting all my current medical files from the one doctor and get them to the other doctor.
I felt pretty bad about leaving my old doctor because I really liked her. Oh well.
My first appointment with the new doctor was great. I am actually really glad that I have switched. You know how they say you don't know really what you are missing if you have never had it?
That just happens to be the case. This doctor/and staff is so much better that the last one. The doctor that I was seeing before actually did not do delivery, so her schedule was more open so I had pretty short wait times and it was easy to get in to see her. Which now I have a feeling that my wait times, and just the fact that my new doctor has surgery rotations and delivery will be harder to make appointments.
But the care, and thoroughness that I got from my new doctor and staff was amazing.
So sometimes hard decisions turn out to be really good ones. I am very glad that I was strong and made a hard choice.
Not only that, I am now better prepared for a bad situation should one arise. That makes me more confident and calm.
But as always I am hoping and praying for the best situation possible! And I have faith that whatever will come will come.
Ben and I will handle it.
Glad that you got that changed and are happy about it. It will help you to feel more at ease with your pregnancy.
ReplyDelete