Sunday, June 26, 2011

The awesomeness of Drugs

Ok, so this is a sarcastic post...It is 4:30 in the am, and I have yet to get any sleep. I am tired, miserable, and very irritable.
I have never been a person who had trouble sleeping consistently, and I would never be up all night just trying. I have tried every room in the house (except the babies room) to find a place where I can sleep. I have tried the couch, the lazyboy part of the couch, the futon, the spare bed with my maternity pillows, my own bed with all my other pillows, and have made the rounds twice tonight. No sleep.

Other than being extremely pregnant and miserable anyway the drugs I am on have these cool side effects.
- insomnia
- flushing
- heartburn (BAD!!!)
- rapid heart rate
- difficulty breathing
- constipation
- increase in frequency of urination.

Hmm...The deck is stacked against me here. Not only do I have most of these things just by being pregnant, now I get extra for just trying to keep these babies in for a few more weeks. (by way of procardia)And all of them are stopping me from sleeping.

I asked Ben earlier this evening if he thought there was ever a woman not in labor that went into the hospital screaming at everyone that she needed to get her baby out! Labor or not the baby needed to be delivered that day!!!

Because I think I am getting closer and closer to doing that!
I know that most every woman I know has been to this point, I just wish that with twins I did not have to get here 4 weeks ahead of the curve. Thinking about 4 more weeks of this is about enough to make me lose my mind.
And more than anything...I wish I could breathe. There is nothing like not being able to breathe.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing awesome! Just a smidge longer (and then the rest of your life, of course). When I was pregnant with my last one, my baby girl, I was super sick to my stomach all day and night and they had me take half a unisom and B7 ... the unisom helped me sleeeeeeep. Good luck! Yall are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you didn't have to wait much longer! Congrats and I can't wait to see some posts on the girls!

    ReplyDelete