Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas 2013

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring...except me.
The middle of the night I woke up with terrible nausea.  I laid in bed for a few hours thinking that maybe I just had eaten too many sweets, or too much rich food and it would pass.  Nope.  The nausea turned into full blown stomach virus.  I was miserable.  about the time the kids started waking up I was in the thick of it and didn't know if I was going to make it for the Christmas morning festivities.
But I got Ben and the girls up (Thank goodness Ben had slept through it all as I needed him the rest of the day to be the parent.)
We walked up and then we single filed into the living room to see what Santa brought and go through our stockings. 
The girls had such a blast.  They were oohing and ahhing at everything they grabbed out of their socks.
After that we went in and ate breakfast before opening gifts.  Rozanne made the traditional Almond roll and I was so bummed that I had no desire to eat any of it.
The girls loved it and their Christmas oranges.
Then off to open gifts!  I did not get too many pictures as I kept having to run to the bathroom but Below are the few photos I got.  I loved watching the girls excitement!

After gifts were opened, I went strait to bed and did not get up the rest of the day.  I had gotten everything out of my system and had put nothing else in so now I was just sick and exhausted.  Ben did awesome with the girls and they had a great day.
That particular strain of virus was a nasty one and hit almost everyone either that day, or the day after.  It was nasty but fast.  It was really only a 24 hour bug.  Emily got it the next night and Ana and Ben miraculously didn't get it.  My sisters family all got it but her and the baby.





































1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys made that long trip to come visit! We enjoyed having you here. I felt bad that so many got sick though.

    ReplyDelete