Thursday, December 5, 2013

The girls first airplane ride

Ben was at a training at the time when we needed to fly out to Idaho to go to my Grandmas funeral so the girls and I had to go by ourselves.  I prepared for the trip by downloading movies on my kindle and getting headphones and backpacks with books and crayons and teddy bears in them.  
I really was quite stressed out to do this on my own with connections and potty training twins and airports and security and then driving from Salt Lake to Burley.  So I did everything I could possibly think of to prepare.  
There was so much to see and do at the airports I really struggled to get checked in and through security.  If you can imagine twin toddlers standing in line after line after line...They were extremely active and were not going to stand in line when there was so much to see and do.  
Once we got to the gate I had to speak with the attendant because all of our seats were on different rows and I didn't think that other people would be thrilled to be taking care of my kids.  I waited and waited for someone to help me and once someone did she was incredibly rude.
While she was being rude and chewing me out for not doing this when I checked in Ana decided that she needed to go potty and when I asked if she could hold it for just one minute she started screaming and crying saying no.  I looked at the gate attendant and said do you think there is anyway you can help me without yelling?  I am going to take my 2 YEAR OLD to the bathroom while you see what you can do to get us seated together.    While I was still in the bathroom with the girls a stranger comes up to me and tells me that she is pretty sure the attendant was trying to get a hold of me.
So I go out and THREE more people stopped me on the way saying they were trying to get a hold of us.  (just what was this lady saying to have everyone know who I was?) Anyway we got the seats we needed after I switched with someone once we were on the plane.  
We got all situated and the girls were awesome.  They were so excited to be going on an airplane to go see Grandma and Grandpa Ricks. 

Then we were delayed and delayed and sat and sat.  As the time kept ticking by the window to catch my connection was getting smaller and smaller.  I was starting to get freaked out again.  So we got to the next airport and I had asked the flight attendant if they had any information on my next flight and she was not helpful at all.  So we get off the plane and I have the girls RUN with their little backpacks flopping around and I am laden down with stuff and we get to the gate which I had to locate (since the flight attendants were so very unhelpful) and I look around and the flight is delayed.  Augh.....
and Thank goodness. It was going to start loading in 10 minutes so I take the girls and get them some ice cream.  They hadn't had dinner but there was no where else to eat.  So we had nuts, berries, cereal, and ice cream for dinner.  We got on the plane again and they settled right down and watched their movies! 
We got to Salt Lake and they had about had it.  They were so tired and starting to get grumpy from no real food and traveling all day. 
We were meeting my sister there and she was renting a minivan and we were going to drive up together.  Her flights were delayed as well and we ended up getting to the luggage carousels about the same time.  But we had way too much luggage for two of us.  Three car seats, two suitcases, two carry ons each and three kids!  So I told her to take her boy and get the van and pull up and I would find a way to get the luggage out the door!  But it was cold so I was going to wait.  The girls had had it with the waiting and were running up and down the aisle and the workers were starting to get a little irritated by it.  But I didnt care.  They had waiting in lines and sat in planes since 11am.  It was now 8pm.  They could suck it!
We got everything figured out and yes there was more drama and more issues and we still made it!  about midnight we rolled into my brothers driveway.  
I was so very thankful that they had got all the pack and plays set up and all we had to do was go to bed!
Here are some photos of the girls first Airplane ride!  (I have back dated this but I am writing it mid January.  They still talk about the airplane ride to go visit Grandma and Grandpa Ricks They absolutely loved it. )




1 comment:

  1. I've said it before & I really mean it-you deserve a medal! Ann

    ReplyDelete