We had planned on going to my sisters house for Christmas since the middle of the year or so. Ben took the week off work and we were planning to drive out there.
The few days before we left turned out to be incredibly stressful and there was more than once I almost called and said that we weren't going to be coming.
In the end we made it through those few days and got headed on the road. Because of the upheaval and turmoil of the past week I was in a very bad mood when we got on the road. It was something that I was trying to fix but you know those moods. Just because you want to change your mood doesn't mean it is easy!
To add to this pleasantness it was raining. With flash flood warnings. So it wasn't a nice pleasant relaxing rain, it was torrential waves over waves of hard rain.
Ben was strained driving because of the horrible driving conditions and I was in a mood and the girls just fed off of that. Now add 16 hours of this. It rained the WHOLE ENTIRE DRIVE. Plus the girls are still not fully potty trained so we are stopping to haul out the portable potty every hour. In the rain. And then end up changing wet pants anyway.
Hence no naps were had.
It was a horrible drive. I really wanted to turn around and just go home.
But I had been looking forward to spending time with my sister and her family for so long!
When we finally got to Tennessee it had been after tornadoes had gone through and there were limbs and branches and all sorts of debris all over the roads it was dark and it was still raining.
So it was almost midnight after driving all day through that crap and now we had to go through this too!
By Gods good grace we made it safely. Rozanne had stayed up and helped us get all our stuff in and set up. The girls were still sick from this nasty bug that we got while in Idaho so we gave them meds and put them to bed following shortly after.
We woke up the next day to a rain free beautiful day. And we had made it!
What a bad day that was to drive! I felt so bad for the horrible road conditions and the potty catastrophes. I am so glad you stuck with it and made it!!! Thanks for your sacrifice to come spend time with us. I know how much of a sacrifice it is to travel long distances! We loved having you!!
ReplyDelete