I had a friend of mine suggest that I read a book. It is called "Healthy sleep habits Happy Child" by Marc Weissbluth.
I myself had issues with sleeping starting in about 2nd grade, and I had a very smart man who worked with me to help me find "tricks" to put myself to sleep. Now as an adult, I very rarely have issues with sleeping.
So I believe that sleep is a vital part of children being happy. As well as I have seen many parents I know personally struggle with thier children at bed time, as well as that tv show "the Nanny" She is always trying to fix a non sleeping child issue. So I got the book.
Now on to the book. It so far has been a very informational book (it is written by a doctor) albeit a bit textbooky, but here lies my problem. I have not been sleeping really well of late (hence me blogging at 4:30 in the morning) but mostly because I toss and turn and am uncomfortable.
So I sit down to read more of the book, and reading about sleep and the benefits of such all the sudden I am so tired I cant keep my eyes open! lol
So I have not gotten very far in fact I have had it for a week, and I am on page 14. I cant seem to stay awake while reading this book.
And I really am interested. Oh well. hopefully I can get through it before the girls come, because I have a feeling that if I don't...I wont...I will be wayyyyy to tired then.
Maybe someone else could read it and then come stand by me and transfer the contents by osmosis?
I love that the book about sleep helps you sleep. ;) Sleep is definitely a major issue with many babies, so that is probably a great find.
ReplyDelete