Saturday, March 5, 2011

Weekend Trip

So I took off Friday because this was the day of the long awaited ultrasound to tell us if everything was ok with our babies. I decided to take it off, because if it turned out to be bad news, I did not want to have to feel like I needed to go back to work.
So Ben and I decided that if everything was good, we were going to celebrate by going to Canada. We have been talking about it, and I figured this was going to be the best time for it. I am still early in my second trimester, and it is not too far away.
The ultrasound went very well, it looks like both babies are growing the way they should be. It is hard to tell what is really going on because it is not the doctor doing the ultrasound, it is a technician which has to be really careful what they say, but we saw all the major parts and that they were normal as far as we could see.
We truly were surprised to see that we are going to be having two girls, we did not expect that. Plus I really wanted to be able to have a boy so that I could be done with these two! But now I may have to try again. We will see.
Back to the trip. Ben and I loaded up and started our trek to Canada. It took much longer than we planned because we hit Seattle during rush hour on a Friday. That was a mess. So we got to our hotel about 9pm and pretty much went to bed. We got up early and hit the ground running. We went to English Bay first, and then as we were going to walk around the beach, we saw that there was a Museum, so we figured we would stop in. It was the Museum of Vancouver, and they had this highly published sculpture of a parka. It was SOOOOO dumb, then downstairs they had the history of Vancouver which was pretty cool. However it took us about 40 minutes to walk the whole place, and it cost us 30 dollars (which Canada’s dollar is more than ours right now, so our exchange rate we lost money. ) So that was a bum deal.
After we were done doing this, we walked around the Beach at English Bay, it was very nice. It was quite chilly, and overcast, but it was not raining! After we did this, we decided to go to Stanley Park and see all the stuff there. We decided to hit one of the restaurants there, and went to “The Fish House” It was very good, and after that we found our way to the Aquarium. It was pretty good. These events pretty much took the entire day, which was mostly walking. Near the end of the Aquarium, I wasn’t too well off. I was hurting pretty bad, and my babies were pressing down pretty hard causing quite an achey sensation. I told Ben that I was absolutely done for the day. We needed to go back to the hotel. So we did, and I have been resting for the past hour or so, but now it is past 7, and I am starving…problem. I do not want to go out. I am not yet feeling great, but there are not any delivery places around here. So it is time to lock the dog in his kennel again, and head out. We have made reservations for “Cheshire Cheese Restaurant and Grill” apparently it is a British type place. I hope I can find something good to eat and not have to resort to Bangers and Mash!
More later! And some pics!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you made it to Vancouver. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your weekend. Sorry to hear about the sore and achiness. I am very excited about you having twin girls. That is what I would want if I had twins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're both having chickadees! I'm excited to have two babydolls :)

    ReplyDelete