Friday, January 25, 2013

House o poo

It has been a really fun week in the Scarth house.  Emily starting having diarrhea last Thursday, but it wasn't too bad, so I thought maybe it was just something she ate.  But it continued...Saturday Ana started in. On Thursday Butch hurt his back bad enough that he cold not walk, so I made an appointment for him on Friday.  On Saturday day and night he was up every 30 minutes or so throwing up or having diarrhea.  So Saturday night was pretty much no sleep. 

 Sunday night Ana threw up about 10 pm all over herself and her bed Ben stripped her bedding and remade her bed while I gave her a bath.  While giving her a bath, she threw up again in the bath tub.  So I got her out, and went to the other bathroom to give her another bath.  They had both been showing signs of a cold, and Ana has a sensitive gag reflex so I though she had just gagged on some junk that got stuck in her throat.  I stayed up with her for about an hour to just make sure she was done.  She was so tired, so I ended up putting her back to bed.  As soon as I got into bed myself I heard her throwing up again over the monitor.  So I went and got her up quickly hoping to avoid another bath.  We were lucky and she didn't get any on her.  So I went in and put her in bed with Ben and went and stripped her bed again and made it again.  Good thing we have lots of bedding!  When I went back in to see how she was doing, she was asleep on my pillow.  I felt so bad for her being so sick and so tired, so I told Ben I would go make up the spare bed and he could sleep in there while I stayed up with Ana.  So I was up all night long with a bowl and a cool wash cloth Poor girl just kept waking up and throwing up then going right back to sleep.  But she was in my bed, so I keep a pretty close vigil with that bowl all night.  When Emily woke up the next morning, it was pretty late for her, but I thought she had been sick, maybe she was starting to get better and so she was sleeping longer...nope.  She had also apparently thrown up all night too, but never woke up to let us know about it.  So she was covered from head to toe in vomit.  Just as I realize this Ana blows out her diaper and it is running down her legs.  So I grab Ana and get her on the changing table while I holler to Ben to come get a bath started for Emily.  I was so glad it was early enough for him to still be home.  Because while yes I could have handled it on my own, it would have been more uncomfortable for everyone involved! 
So we got all that handled and until today there has not been anymore vomit, but the house o poo stays true.  So many nasty diapers!!!
On Sunday Ben and I both woke up with the same cold the girls have had, but we have yet (knock on wood) to get the stomach virus.  But 4 colds and 2 stomach viruses and one bad reaction to meds in one house going on week two is plenty to keep up with!

2 comments:

  1. Thats AWFUL! I can't imagine two babies with the stomach flu. One is bad enough. Hopefully you're all feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh! What an awful few days! Sorry to hear about all the yuckies! Two girls and a dog all sick at the same time sounds miserable!

    ReplyDelete